Job Title: Building Services Technician (Mechanical)
Job reference: J61691
We are currently recruiting for a number of Mechanical Technicians within a leading University in Greater Manchester. These are key role within the University and will be on a temporary to permanent contract
The post holder is expected to carry out maintenance to all mechanical (HVAC) infrastructure, plant and equipment associated with a major University and to complete installation work in a technically flexible manner and will be expected to include some elements of an electrical engineering discipline, whilst working within the levels of a known competency.
Duties will include:
- The scope of work includes repair, maintenance and improvements engineering services, this would include PPM (planned preventative maintenance) works, reactive maintenance works (via UoM helpdesk)& small project works
- Carry out a range of work including but not limited to:
- Maintenance of the University’s mechanical services infrastructure, installations and equipment.
- High quality often complex mechanical installations to meet the requirements of all relevant British Standard(s)
- High quality, often complex, mechanical Planned Preventative Maintenance and breakdown maintenance to the mechanical infrastructure, general mechanical installations, specialist services
- Diagnostic and repair skills in the remedial work to all mechanical services
- Detailed surveys and inspections
- Interact with the supervisory team on a day-to-day basis and assist in ensuring all work is carried out in an efficient, cost effective, transparent and safe manner to the highest achievable standard
- Responsible for ensuring that all associated paperwork issued in conjunction with the job/project is completed and returned to the appropriate supervisor for processing
Essential skills / qualifications:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an mechanical engineering or building services related discipline
- Full UK driving licence
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please contact Siobhan Allinson at Venn Group or apply below.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.