Job Title: CAFM Technician
Job reference: J61996
We are currently recruiting for a CAFM technician within a leading University based in Manchester. This is a key role within the University and will be on an ongoing temporary contract
The post holder will support the management of Estates asset management technology system (also known as the CAFM system) and asset maintenance process through (note this list is not exhaustive)
Duties will include:
- Manage the Estates asset database to provide an up-to-date record of assets the department are responsible for managing including obtaining asset information from other teams and amending the database to suit
- Maintain Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) activity charts to ensure that the delivery of planned activity is effectively instructed and recorded
- In conjunction with the software developer create and maintain standard CAFM system import templates to facilitate the import of data as and when required
- Support the importing and exporting of asset, supplier and finance data to the CAFM system ensuring interfaces are operational and maintained. You will work closely with our service partners to regularly review the status of system inputs and interfaces and test their accuracy
- Support the production and maintenance of asset management user guides including the use of the CAFM system and support the training of all system users through providing a ‘train the trainer’ service
- Support the CAFM user community through offering helpdesk support via various means of communication such as telephone, video call and email as well as delivering training sessions
- As CAFM system super user solve any issues arising with the system including escalating to the software developer ay issues requiring detailed technical solutions, and work with the developer to understand issues, their solutions and resolution timelines
- Track maintenance work orders to completion through the CAFM system (or manually if out of system maintenance operations) recording order status and any issues identified from each order
- Export work order data from the CAFM system / gather out of system maintenance operations data to produce a database of work order information
- Support the Budget & CAFM Supervisor to update key business metrics such as annual budgets and resource requirements, to ensure the system remains accurate
Essential skills / qualifications:
- Excellent organisational skills, oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non–technical staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely and effectively with staff at all levels within the organisation
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound IT knowledge and experience
- Capable of working in a demand driven service.
- Process and Procedure writing skills
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualification in or Knowledge of Mechanical & Electrical Building Services
- Basic report writing skills
- Experience with Personal Digital Assistant (PDA’s) systems
- Understanding of Health Technical Memorandums (HTMs) and any Statutory and Technical requirements for the operation and maintenance of plant and engineering services
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please contact Siobhan Allinson at Venn Group or apply below.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.