We are working with a district council in the Midlands who require the interim assistance of a Capital Accountant to assist with their Closedown processes.
Capital Accountant - Closedown
Rate: From £450 per day (negotiable)
Duration: 3 months initially with possible extensions
Fully remote working
- The council is currently implementing a new finance system but due to unforeseen circumstances there is a delay to its implementation
- To ensure successful delivery of both the accounts and the new finance system, as well as routine financial management
- To produce exemplary working papers
- Work to the agreed closure timetable
- To produce good process notes for both capital and collection fund so anyone can follow the process
- Produce capital monitoring for 2022/23 Q4; setting up monitoring for 2023/24
- Complete all capital relative government returns during the contract period
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Qualified CCAB accountant (i.e. a member of the ICAEW, ICAS, ICAI, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA)
- Local Government experience essential
- Capital and technical accounting expertise is needed
- Ideally will be able to use Advanced eFinancials; but will be supported as needs be
- Be available to discuss with auditors any questions/queries raised
- To be proficient with MS products
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.