Agency Reference Number: J59472
Our client, a School based in Hampshire, is currently seeking a cheerful and adaptable individual to join the Estates and Facilities team as a Caretaker.
Duration: 12 weeks (with a possibility of extension or transferring to permanent)
Hourly rate: £11.20 PAYE or £13.33 umbrella
You will be responsible for:
- Undertaking general maintenance including minor repairs, redecoration, grass cutting, gardening and litter picking
- Following agreed procedures and standards to ensure cleaning is carried out throughout out the whole school area
- Carrying out temporary remedial action to meet health and safety requirements
- Ensuring lighting and heating equipment is operational
- Monitoring stocks and order supplies to maintain an effective cleaning/site service
- Supervising users of the buildings, undertaking necessary action for non-standard events or incidents.
- Arranging for contractor attendance, briefing them on requirements and creating reports detailing on going progress and completion of tasks to agreed standards
- Apply security procedures to the school area and report any discrepancies to the line manager
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience in general maintenance, grounds and gardening
- Good level of Health and Safety knowledge and be able to adhere to it
- Experience in the education setting would be preferable, but other backgrounds will be considered
To apply for this role or to find out about other Estates and Facilities jobs, please click the button below.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.