Category Manager (Grade 6) x2
Duration: 3 month contract initially with likely extensions
Pay: £300 - £400 per day negotiable dependant on experience
We are recruiting for a couple of Category Managers for work for a Local Government organisation on a fully remote basis for initially 3 months period, to assist across a whole Council directorate.
The post holder will deputise for the Head of Category as required to ensure the delivery of the Corporate Procurement Strategy and Business Plan strategy
• Develop and implement procurement policies and innovation/new initiatives to develop capability across the council
• Lead and manage a series of strategic projects adopting recognised project methodology in order to deliver efficiencies, savings and income
• Prepare and ensure compliant approval of written reports, briefing notes and presentations as required
• Ensure compliance with all statutory regulations, Standing Orders, Council policy and Local Authority Financial procedures
• To be able to lead, motivate and achieve results through a diverse team of professionals
• To manage complex projects with a record of successful implementation
Key Requirements for all Roles:
• Must be CIPS qualified and a have an in-depth knowledge of local government procurement processes, if not then extensive public sector experience as a minimum
• Able to handle a large workload
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.