We are currently working with a large local authority who require the interim assistance of some Category Managers. They require the candidate to have the following skillset:
- Leading, motivating and achieving results through a diverse team of professionals
- Working and leading on strategic projects as part of cross-functional teams, ensuring value for money in service provision
- Progressing project work to deadline understanding the need to balance both quantative and qualitative data
- Leading and managing complex projects with a record of successful implementation
- Working in a multi-agency and multi-disciplinary environment
- Working professionally at a senior level in a complex organisation with direct contact with senior managers, Members and other stakeholders
- Generating ideas, introducing innovation and driving process, systems, organisational and cultural change
- Interacting and negotiating with senior managers
- EU tendering/contracting procedures
- Delivering projects, initiatives and programmes through working application to CPS toolkits and procedures
Specialist knowledge of:
- Public/Private Sector procurement law and policy e.g., EU regulations
- Statutory and public/private sector financial regulations, procedures and principles
- Public/Private Sector policy/law environment e.g., value for money, sustainability, Council procurement rules, Procurement Strategy etc.
- Relevant and diverse markets and the ability to exploit them across all sectors (private, public and third sector)
- Internal/external risks, understanding and prioritising how to manage and mitigate risks before they become issues
- Public/Private Sector financial and efficiency programmes and the impact of these on procurement
- A broad spectrum of goods and services with at least one specialist area of in-depth knowledge
Full JD and list of works available upon request.
Duration: 3-6 months
Rate: £450 per day via an umbrella company (Inside IR35)
Fully Remote Working
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.