Location: Birmingham (2 days onsite)
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Pay Rate: £34,000 - £44,000 per annum (Dependent on experience)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Category Manager based in Birmingham with a highly reputable Public Sector organisation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of procurement strategies and policies and to the development of National and Regional Consortia strategies
- Liaise with end users to develop commodity strategies and/or process single contracts to fulfil the requirements in the most cost-effective manner, achieving best value in all procurement activities, and ensuring that the value-added benefits of economies of scale can be exploited by means of co-ordinating the companies demand and expenditure to the fullest extent
- To lead and manage the; procurement, tendering and contract awarding for the company, comprising of supplies and services, to ensure value for money is delivered and commercial risk effectively managed in the procurement and delivery of EU and Sub EU level contracting
- To act as deputy for the Head of Procurement Contracting (or other Category Managers, or Senior Category Managers) as and when required to cover meetings, advice, or procurement projects. To work in partnership with key stakeholders and project teams to provide expert advice in the determination of procurement strategies to fulfil end user requirements within budget and on time
- Provide support and expertise in developing and negotiating appropriate contracts for this category and the resolution of any claims or disputes that may arise with Contractors and responsible for ensuring standard forms of documentation are up to date and in liaison with Legal Services, ensure any amendments made to standard forms are regularly reviewed
- To liaise with and utilise other Category Managers and support staff to support the Buying Team with diverting “requisitions / purchase orders” to contracted suppliers and any related issues linked to contracting, release any Price Holds within tolerance levels, or investigate, at discretion
- To continue the deep-dive savings initiative to reflect; in-year cashable realised savings, previous year deep-dive savings “still in realisation”, and VFM standard savings delivered and reported
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Tom Terry on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively respond to this email
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations