We're currently partnering with an impressive Financial Services organisation on an excellent Chief Accountant role. This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a business with international presence on a permanent basis.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, you will be a part of a dynamic and growing team. This role will oversee the work of two direct reports, who you will be responsible for training and developing.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- The production of timely and accurate statutory accounts.
- Maintaining the General Ledger.
- Communicate any key variances for internal and external reporting.
- Assisting and advising operational departments within the business to improve internal processes and controls.
- Ensuring timely and accurate cash management processes.
- Continuously driving efficiency improvement for all accounting-related processes
- Overseeing the work of Senior Accountants and ensure this is inline with business needs
- Acting as a key contact to internal and external auditors
What we're looking for:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and controls
- An organised individual with strong attention to detail
- Experience of working in a global organisation is ideal, however not essential
- A proactive self starter, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience within financial services is desirable, however not essential.