Childcare Lawyer – London – 3-6 months – Hybrid - up to £55 per hour(umbrella) depending on experience
Venn Group’s specialist legal team is currently working with an established Local authority in London who are recruiting for a Childcare Lawyer to join their department.
This is a full-time position for 36 hours per week. The role is offered for an initial period of 3-6 months. However, this may be extended. This is a hybrid job with the expectation of a minimum once a fortnight in the office
- Conducting advocacy for non-contested and contested cases;
- Managing a caseload of approximately 10 – 12 childcare cases;
- Attend meetings as required;
- Acting as a legal advisor to a wide range of clients in relation to their Children’s social care functions;
- Managing a busy caseload of childcare matters;
- To work with Senior Lawyers and Lawyers to ensure a consistent and holistic approach to the delivery of services;
- Prepare and process all legal documents, including pleadings and reports, relevant to the work of the Council;
- Present cases before courts and Tribunals where the post holder has a right of audience on all matters in relation to the work of the Council;
- Dealing with neglect and abuse cases;
- Dealing with care cases;
- Processing emergency protection orders;
- Attending PLO meetings.
- Qualified barrister or solicitor or very experienced Fellow of the Institute of Legal with a valid practising certificate
- Knowledge and understanding of childcare law
- Demonstrable interest in keeping abreast of recent developments in local government law and childcare law
- Demonstrable experience of using case management systems and online resources to maximise efficiency and quality of advice.
- Demonstrable experience of providing legal advice in childcare law
- Demonstrable experience of finding solutions to legal problems in order to achieve goals
- Demonstrable experience of taking on new initiatives to develop and grow and supporting colleagues to work together to develop solutions and avoiding blaming others when things go wrong.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of local government law.
- For postholders in contentious areas of law, experience of advocacy in courts or tribunals or knowledge of court or tribunal practice
For further information, please contact Alexander Rasaq at Venn Group, by responding to this advert.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency which welcomes applications from all candidates.