Childcare Lawyer/Advocate – London – 3 months – Hybrid - up to £55 per hour(umbrella) depending on experience
Venn Group’s specialist legal team is currently working with an established Local authority in London who are recruiting for a Childcare Lawyer/Advocate to join their department.
This is a full-time position for 35 hours per week. The role is offered for an initial period of 3 months. However, this may be extended. This is a hybrid job with the expectation of a minimum of 1 day per week in the office.
- Conducting advocacy for non-contested and contested cases;
- Attend meetings as required;
- Advocacy, including contested and non-contested hearings;
- Acting as a legal advisor to a wide range of clients in relation to their Children’s social care functions;
- Prepare and process all legal documents, including pleadings and reports, relevant to the work of the Council;
- Present cases before courts and Tribunals where the post holder has a right of audience on all matters in relation to the work of the Council;
- Processing emergency protection orders;
- Attending PLO meetings.
- Knowledge of childcare law;
- Good advocacy skills in both courts and tribunals;
- Can prioritise work and manage conflicting deadlines;
- Can handle a varied caseload and can perform effectively under pressure;
- Experience of advising clients on childcare proceedings and dealing with childcare workload;
- Successful track record of advocacy and desire to carry out advocacy work;
For further information, please contact Alexander Rasaq at Venn Group, by responding to this advert.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency which welcomes applications from all candidates.