Childcare Locum – South Wales – 6 Months Initial – Remote Working - £50-£55 per hour
Vacancy Ref: 65775
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Childcare Locum to join a South Wales-based Local Authority on an interim basis. Please see details below:
Location: Hybrid working
Duration: 6 months initial
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting advocacy
- Providing specialist childcare services and policy advice with a particular emphasis on the conduct of public law litigation for the protection of children
- Providing legal services in respect of childcare law, including all negotiations on behalf of the Council as may be necessary prior to the issue of public law proceedings, issue of proceedings and conduct of case to include advocacy
- On behalf of the Chief Officer Legal and Regulatory Services, Human Resources and Corporate Policy and Group Manager Legal and Democratic Services, preparing and approving reports for Council, Cabinet and other committee meetings and representing the Corporate Director at such meetings within the remit of the team
- Maintaining the high standards of the department through compliance with the LEXCEL standard
- Assisting in the development and implementation of performance management processes within the department in association with the Chief Executive’s Plan
- Supervising the work of the Paralegals and assist in providing professional support to others within the team
- Actively participating in Special Interest Groups with responsibility to feedback to other colleagues and keep them fully informed of any impending implications and training opportunities
- Representing the Council at the Family Court as relevant to work undertaken
- Maintaining own professional development
A Welsh Local Authority background is desired but not essential.
To apply for this role or to find out about other legal jobs, please contact Jeffry Jolly on 0117 930 8760 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call you back.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.