Childcare Locum – South Wales – 3 Months Initial – Hybrid Working - £55 per hour
Vacancy Ref: 66121
Venn Group’s specialist Legal team is currently working with a South Wales-based Local Authority who are looking to appoint a Childcare Locum. Please see details below:
Location: Hybrid working
Duration: 3 months initial
This is a hybrid-working role, requiring face-to-face attendance in court. Conducting advocacy is essential.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage case load of Court and Public Law Outline matters
- Provide competent advocacy in the Family Proceedings and County Courts to include
- conducting contested hearings
- Provide advice and support to Social Services to include the provision of ongoing training
- Ensure the Council is acting lawfully and meeting its responsibilities to its residents
- Ensure quality control of work undertaken by client departments
- Demonstrate effective negotiation skills
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of relevant law, practice and precedents
- Manage a varied case load of court matters, cases and pre-proceedings to include the provision of advice on child and adult welfare in line with current legislation
- Cases can be complex in nature with significant implications for the Council if appropriate legal advice is not provided
- Draft legal documentation
- Provision of advocacy service in family proceedings and County Courts to include contested hearings
- Awareness of budgetary implications for the Council when considering the instruction of Counsel and experts within proceedings
- Maintain up to date precedents and shell documents for client departments and keep under review
- Keep up to date with changes to the law and ensure policies, documents and precedents are compliant
- Assist client departments in understanding their own responsibilities and roles within the legal framework
- Review training needs of client department and where appropriate assist in the provision of training
- Attendance at Scrutiny Committees and providing advice
A Welsh Local Authority background is desired but not essential.
To apply for this role or to find out about other legal jobs, please contact Jeffry Jolly or Charlotte Foley on 0117 930 8760 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call you back.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.