Interim IT Recruitment Solutions
Interim Clinical Coder urgently required
Salary: £150 - £200 via umbrella (flexible dependent on experience)
Venn Group are currently working with a public sector organisation in the South West, who are seeking a Clinical Coder to provide ongoing IT support to their Clinical Coding team.
Day to Day Duties:
- Abstract and analyse patient information, accurately encoding all diagnoses and procedures in line with the Data Security and Protection Toolkit advisory level whilst maintaining minimum throughput levels as set by the Clinical Coding manager
- Will involve making judgements on complex facts requiring interpretation and comparing options from information across a range of sources both electronically and in paper case notes
- Be proficient in coding a broad range of specialties and ensure that all cases are coded accurately and quickly after the patient has been discharged
- Liaise with clinicians, managers and other Trust staff regarding coding issues to seek or provide advice and support where required
- Using persuasive and motivational skills, liaise with a wide range of staff including clinicians and business managers / operational support managers on the most appropriate ICD10 and OPCS4 clinical codes to represent patient care received within the Trust and feedback to Clinical Coding Manager as necessary
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience post ACC Qualification coding in the NHS
- Proven excellent standards of coding accuracy in line with the Data Security and Protection Toolkit Advisory level
- Comprehensive knowledge of both ICD-10 and OPCS classifications and associated National Standards
- Knowledge and practical experience in all standard hospital applications; PAS, PACs, Histopathology etc.
- Advanced computer skills and literacy (MS desktop applications)
To apply for this role or to find out about other IT jobs, please contact Nathan John or Oman Azad from the IT recruitment team on 0117 930 8760 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.