Commercial Contracts Solicitor – Permanent - Bristol
An exclusive opportunity has arisen for a permanent position as Commercial Contracts Solicitor within Bristol City Council. This is a great opportunity to relocate to lively yet laidback Bristol City, surrounded by the beautiful South West countryside.
Ideally full-time but the authority will consider part-time and have solicitors do a job share arrangement
This is an exciting new role to join a renowned Local Authority. The right candidate will also have the flexibility of homeworking.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Handling a caseload of commercial contracts matters to include company law work
- Ensuring adherence to all local authority processes, statutory duties and requirements for OJEU processes and procurement for a variety of areas
- Dealing with renewable energy contracts and setting up agreements and liaising with other local authorities
- Handling high net worth contracts up to £100 million as well as dealing with the Council wide Asset Management contracts
- Providing general commercial contracts and procurement & state aid advice
- Handling matters around the councils plans to tackle climate change and put in place the contractual agreements surrounding this
- Representing the best interests of the local authority whilst ensuring a high level of statutory compliance including EU Regulations
- Dealing with due diligence and data protection requirements as set out under GDPR
- Monitoring contracts and reviewing compliance & service agreements
Salary is between £39,880 and £42,821 per annum. There is an excellent pension scheme and very flexible working.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role or are interested in finding out more, then please do not hesitate to give Mike Attwood or Lauren Watts a call on 0117 930 8760, or send your CV to email@example.com
This vacancy is with Bristol City Council and all applications must be submitted via Venn Group
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.