Senior Commercial Contracts Solicitor – East of England – Up to £51,500 per annum – Full Time – Hybrid Working
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are working with a Local Authority based in the East of England seeking a Commercial Contracts Lawyer to join their department, on a permanent basis.
This role is for a full time arrangement and the Council are seeking a hybrid arrangement with office attendance ideally once or twice per week. The annual salary provided for this role is up to £51,500 per annum, however this is dependent upon relevant experience handling a commercial contracts caseload within Local Government.
In order to successfully carry out this role you will need to be a Qualified Lawyer, either a Solicitor, Barrister or experienced CILEX professional with a minimum of 4 years’ PQE. The ideal candidate will have previous experience dealing with a complex and varied caseload, having handled contracts, construction and procurement matters as well as a project-based caseload.
- Provide professional and commercial advice to various Council departments on a variety of commercial contracts, procurement matters and bespoke commercial agreements
- Manage a caseload of commercial contracts and procurement cases, advising and preparing documents in relation to the supply of goods, services and works. The caseload will include bespoke and standard form documents including construction, IT, engineering, social services, education, public health and subsidy control
- Review cases to determine and monitor liability, conflicts of interest and to assess risks alongside monitoring and reviewing case law, legislation and legal developments
- Assist with ongoing projects providing governance and procurement advice as well as handling the negotiation and drafting of contracts and other agreements to deliver major projects
- Mentor and train the Junior Solicitors, Trainees and Legal Officers in the team
- Significant experience providing legal advice on procurement, commercial contracts including construction, IT and social care contracts and governance matters
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of law and procedure for commercial contracts, Local Government, and public and collaborative procurement
- Possess strong analytical skills, and ability to plan, organise and priorities own caseload with strong IT skills including the familiarity with word processing packages and case management systems
- Annual leave allowance starts from 25 days per annum with the possibility to increase to 32 days dependent upon length of service
- Generous employer pension contribution of up to 17.2% and 3 times salary death in service
- Flexible working options including working from home where possible is offered
- Unlimited access to development courses, mentoring and support along with a clear careers pathway to encourage career development
- Staff offers including discounts on MOT, gym and fitness, restaurants and salons
- Free, confidential counselling and wellbeing support is offered to all employees, partners and dependent children over 16 still at home
Please apply for this role either online or with Ebby Vallance or Felicity Woodbridge via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Job Reference: J75779
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. All salaries and PQE ranges stated serve only as a guide and all applicants will be considered on their individual merits.