Locum Commercial Contracts Lawyer – Remote Working – £55 per hour Umbrella
Job Reference: 64474
Expected duration: 3 – 6 months subject to a possible further extension
Hourly rate: Up to £55 per hour via Umbrella Company
Skill level: Qualified Lawyer (Solicitors and Barristers and CILEX Fellows)
Working pattern: Remote Working + Full-time or Part-time (21 hours per week minimum)
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are currently working with a Local Authority in the South West who are recruiting for a Locum Commercial Contracts Lawyer (with Construction experience) to join their department.
Duties may include:
- Providing specialist procurement and contract law services and policy advice
- Providing legal services relating procurement and contract law with a focus on construction cases
- Advising on contract and procurement transactions including all negotiations on behalf of the Council as may be necessary
- On behalf of the Chief Officer - Legal and Regulatory Services, HR and Corporate Policy and Group Manager - Legal and Democratic Services – preparing and approving reports for Council, Cabinet and other committee meetings and represent the Chief Officer at such meetings within the remit of the team
- Maintaining the high standards of the department through compliance with the LEXCEL standard
- Building and maintaining relationships with other colleagues within the Local Authority
- Proactively working to support the team and provide training to junior members
- Drafting relevant contracts for developmental projects within the local area
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders thus negotiating with them where necessary
- Ensuring all relevant regulatory procedures are carried out hence providing advice when required
Please apply for this role online or contact Georgina Fry via phone or email for further information.
0117 930 8760
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. All salaries and PQE ranges stated serve only as a guide and all applicants will be considered on their individual merits.