Commissioning Lead - LD
Based in London
Length: 3 months initially
A local authority in London is recruiting for a Commissioning Lead – LD under both the council and CCG. The post will include management of LD commissioners and deliver projects within the joint LD programme as well as managing outcomes and report to appropriate governance group.
- Manage all aspects of commissioning for the relevant outcomes including; market shaping and management, needs assessment, strategic commissioning, service review, development, procurement, performance monitoring, quality assurance and line management responsibilities
- Work closely with the Head of Continuing Health Care, NHS division to ensure the needs of people eligible for continuing health care are met
- Focus on interpreting and applying policies to support meeting the needs and wants of local people with learning disabilities.
- Operationalise plans and deploy resources to meet these objectives including diverse range of services are available that prevent, delay or reduce the need for statutory services and meet the needs and wants of people with learning disabilities
- Utilise significant experience of successful commissioning of LD services to meet strategic outcomes within the council by liaising with learning disability service providers
- Manage cross-sector initiatives to achieve strategic goals and service improvements
Skills and experience required:
- Significant understanding of the key issues for local authorities, NHS & CCGs and people with learning disabilities
- Evidence of success in achieving targets and managing performance
- Ability to quality assure and analyse performance and financial data and present information in several formats’ dependent on the audience
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills, to develop effective constructive relationships quickly across functional and organisational boundaries.
To apply for this role or to find out about other Finance jobs, please contact Zack Hamouda or Nicola Gradon on the London Local Government Recruitment team on 020 7557 7667 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.