Strategic Commissioner Public Health
We are currently working with a Public Sector organisation who are recruiting for a Strategic Commissioner Public Health maternity cover on a fully remote working basis to support on the implementation of the sexual health strategy.
Please see below for more details on the role:
The client is looking for a candidate with strong complex commissioning, partnership working and public health experience. The post can be fairly technical and involves programme management and implementation of the sexual health strategy.
- To lead relevant Public Health commissioning across the county
- Work with commissioning colleagues and external stakeholders to ensure services meet the needs of the local population including the creation of service specifications
- Undertake robust health needs assessments and use these to inform the on-going development and implementation of national and local strategy and action plans
- To provide specialist public health advice in line with evidence-based practice
- To exercise control of budgets, managing them effectively through monitoring systems, forecasting and annual budget setting processes
- A Master’s in Public Health or equivalent postgraduate qualification
- Experience working with GPs/ clinicians and complex budgets is also advantageous
- Previous experience working within a Local Government organisation
Duration: 12 month maternity cover
Rate: Negotiable dependent on experience umbrella company (Inside IR35)
Fully Remote Working
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.