Communications & Engagement Manager (Part-Time)
Venn Group are delighted to have once again partnered with one of our valued healthcare clients, to source a driven and engaging communications specialist who is capable of hitting the ground running in an exciting new interim role. This is a largely remote position, although you will occasionally be required to travel to Oxfordshire for face-to-face meetings and events. The contract is for a minimum of three months and is part-time, with plenty of flexibility around how the hours are split across the working week.
Main duties include:
- Stepping-up the internal communications and two-way engagement particularly with a large group of clinical services staff including writing copy for core Trust and University channels, organising and managing virtual and face to face events
- Helping to develop key external (public and key stakeholder-facing) content and products including a new website, video content and suitable messages, boilerplate copy and content for segmented audiences
- Supporting the programme team to develop plans and content whilst also preparing for external launches including helping organise and manage public engagement events across planning application support, stakeholder relations, and writing copy for various channels across service user and public communications
- Effectively and purposefully engaging with a wide range of staff, stakeholder, patient and public audiences to build understanding, involvement and support for a project that will help transform prevention and intervention approaches as well as clinical treatments worldwide
- Writing papers for Boards and the Council of Governors, presenting progress, working across partner organisations at all levels and acting as a strong advocate for the project and the benefits it will deliver
Essential skills/experience required:
- Experience working within the NHS or wider public sector is desirable
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven experience delivering communications projects in time and on budget
This is no ‘business as usual’ role, but offers opportunities for interesting partnership working with specialists across clinical, academic research, capital development, planning consultancy and other disciplines, so if you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered, please apply now.