Interim Requirement – Community Occupational Therapist –Leicester
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Community Occupational Therapist on behalf of a reputable NHS Trust based in Leicester.
The role for the Community Occupational Therapist you will work as part of the multidisciplinary community rehabilitation for safe early discharge must have community, equipment and adaptation experience. Offering £18 - £23 per hour via an umbrella company.
For this position, they are looking at an immediate start. The initial duration expectation is 3 months with possible extension. Working 9am-5:30pm.
Outline duties below:
- Writing and reviewing treatment plans to enable patients to maintain maximum independence, undertaking treatment plans identified by physiotherapists
- Maintaining patients notes in accordance with trust policy in a manner which respects privacy, dignity and confidentiality
- Managing own caseload, time management and diary arrangements
- Maintaining stock control of equipment and reordering of aids for patients
- Managing, supervising and coordinating more junior physiotherapy staff .Planning and delegating their workload as appropriate
- Triaging referrals to determine appropriate level of physiotherapy input required to meet individual patient needs
- Requiring rehabilitation assessment and treatment, to prevent hospital admission and maximise functional independence for individuals with a Neuro/Stoke focus
- Supporting those who have received an early transfer from hospital by receiving treatment at home as part of an intensive home rehabilitation programme to avoid an acute admission into Community Hospital bed
- Advising and communicating effectively with patients who frequently have problems with understanding, carers and other members of the multidisciplinary team, to maximise rehabilitation potential
- Working in close liaison with the other members of the Home First Team both on the ward and in the Community, with the referrers and other members of supporting disciplines
- Liaising with the inter-disciplinary team on a regular basis about all operational issues
- Using own initiative to formulate creative thinking /new ways of working in order to provide effective case management to avoid where possible unnecessary hospital admissions Trust
To apply for this position, please forward an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference: 7028760, alternatively call Leah Waldron or Thomas Brown on 0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.