Community Safety Manager
Vacancy Ref: 7112770
A position has arisen for a Community Safety Manager within a prestigious local authority in Dorset.
Opportunity for a 6-month interim engagement to support the Community Safety Strategic Development Lead in developing the community safety service, focussing on internal council structures and coordination, and on engaging external partners in the Community Safety Partnership.
Duration: 6 months Initially
IR35 Status: Inside
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Foster constructive relationships with external partners, such as the Fire and Rescue services, Dorset Police, the probation service, Clinical Commissioning Group, and the Mental Health Trust and solicit their engagement and involvement in the developing partnership structure and processes.
- Working with strategic and operational managers to outline the systems and processes that may involve the Council, partner agencies and community-based resources.
- Work closely and cooperatively with other managers, identifying the key issues that have an impact on community safety priorities, such as violence, exploitation and vulnerability and on safety in public spaces, and ensuring coordination of service delivery and multi-agency work in support of the Council’s corporate aims and objectives
- Good knowledge of ICT, including word, outlook, word and other programmes relevent to the role
- Experience of managing a community safety team or initiative
- Experience in working with statutory bodies such as the police, health and fire
- Experience in delivering community safety initiatives
For further information, please contact Olli Attwood on 0117 930 8760 and email your updated CV to OAttwood@venngroup.com
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.