Job Title: Compliance and Maintenance Manager
Job Reference: J62015
We are currently recruiting for a Compliance and Maintenance Manager within a leading University based in Greater Manchester. This is a key role within the University and will be on a 6 month + temporary contract
The post holder will be and experience Compliance Maintenance Manager, accountable for managing the coordination of statutory compliance within Estates Management.
Duties will include:
- Accountable for looking after the maintenance and compliance teams for the University
- Overseeing a team of 80 reactive maintenance staff members and 30 compliance team members working closely with the onsite supervisor
- Responsible for overseeing compliance against statutory requirements and guidance for technical risks including, but not limited to, air hygiene, asbestos, control of legionella, electrical safety, fire safety systems, gas safety, lifting equipment (Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regs), lifts, local exhaust, machinery, maintenance, pressure systems, work equipment, workplace and health safety and welfare
- Provide ongoing assurance via proactive and reactive management, co-ordination, monitoring and review of all compliance and PPM activities
- Demonstrate statutory obligations within all operational activity have been effectively satisfied across the university's multi-site operations which comprise of academic, office, residential, grounds and public realm space
- Development of effective service delivery, risk management and live risk register, policy update, safe systems of works, method statements, construction safety documents, compliance recording systems, resource planning, effective communications, and training and development. With excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, the appointed candidate will possess the proven ability to operate successfully with a multitude of internal colleagues and external stakeholders
Essential skills / qualifications:
- A thorough knowledge of the law, regulations and current industry best practice in all major areas of responsibility detailed above
- Understanding of Health and Safety, CDM Regulations and safe systems of work
- A relevant professional qualification in surveying, construction and/or building project management
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please contact Siobhan Allinson at Venn Group or apply below.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.