Consultant in Public Health
We are currently working with an organisation who require the assistance of a Consultant in Public Health who will be responsible for leading Health Protection assurance, and associated programmes, across the area, including next phases of COVID-19 response and recovery.
Please see below for more details.
- You will be responsible for leading Health Protection assurance, and associated programmes, across the area, including next phases of COVID-19 response and recovery
- Lead for Public Health on the Sustainability and Migrant Health agendas.
- You will work to prevent and reduce levels of communicable disease, environmental hazards (with linked portfolio areas of fuel poverty and air quality), drugs and alcohol and oral health
- Ensure that screening and immunisation programmes have comprehensive coverage within the local population.
- Lead the rapidly expanding Migrant Health agenda for the public health team
- Working alongside our People Strategy and Commissioning team, you will provide expert input into the commissioning of a range of services
- You will also be the key lead for public health emergency planning.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Included in the GMC Full and Specialist Register with a license to practice/GDC Specialist List or be eligible for registration within six months of interview
- If you are not the above then included in the UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) for Public Health Specialists (or be eligible for registration within six months of interview
- A strong analytical mind and be confident in handling and using data
- Delivery of successful change management programmes across organisational boundaries
- Experience of using complex information to explain public health issues to a range of audiences
A full JD is available on request.
Rate: Negotiable dependant on experience
Durations: 6 months initially (with likely extensions)
Remote working available
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply below. At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.