Consultant in Public Health – Local Government
We are seeking a fully qualified Consultant in Public Health (UKPHR or GMC registered) to support the Health Protection and COVID Response across an organisation.
Rate: Negotiable dependent on experience (Inside IR35)
Location: West Midlands, remote working available
Duration: 3 months initially
Payment: Weekly via Umbrella Company
- Leading Health Protection assurance and associated programmes.
- Lead the next phases of Covid-19 response and recovery including planning and outbreak management during the Commonwealth Games and International Children’s Games events.
- Assure systems to prevent and reduce levels of communicable diseases inc. vaccine preventable disease, TB, blood-borne viruses, seasonal flu, STIs and antibiotic resistant organisms.
- Ensuring screening and immunisation programmes have comprehensive coverage across the local population.
- Lead for public health emergency planning.
- Lead for Integrated Sexual Health Services.
- Other duties commensurate with the role of a qualified Consultant in Public Health.
- Qualified consultant in public health (either GMC Full or UKPHR), or demonstrable experience
- A good track record of working at a senior level in local government, managing staff and communicating complex information to a wide range of audiences will be a clear advantage
- In depth understanding of the health and care system and the relationships with both local and national government
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply below. At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.