Contracts and Procurement Lawyer – Home Counties – up to £55k – Full-time – Hybrid working
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are currently working with an established Local Authority in the Home Counties region who are looking for a Planning Lawyer to join their department, on a permanent basis.
This motivated and highly professional team is looking for an individual with experience in contracts and procurement law. If successful you will assist across all aspects of the legal work for the service including providing timely and effective specialist legal advice to elected Members, including committees and officers across the council.
The role offered is full-time, however candidates offering part-time work and job share will also be considered. This Authority promotes a hybrid working model, with 50% home working available.
The ideal candidate will have experience of conducting a full, varied and demanding caseload of complex and sensitive contract and procurement matters
- Being the Council’s lead negotiator on the legal aspects of contract and procurement
- Contribute to preparation of committee reports and attendance at Council and committee meetings from time to time as directed and required
- Providing accurate advice and guidance to team members, client officers and Members in all contract and procurement law matters and other general matters
- Providing pragmatic advice across a range of local government work, providing appropriate solutions that are legally and constitutionally compliant
- Undertaking research and providing advice to the Council in the areas of contract and procurement specifically and local government law generally
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation pertaining to the legal areas associated with the post and the decision making processes and procedures
- Experience of conducting a full, varied and demanding caseload of complex and sensitive contract and procurement matters
- The ability to deal with challenging situations using tact and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to motivate people around them
For further information, please contact Will Pardoe or Natalie Corcoran via phone or email for further information.
0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidate