Contract Manager – Band 6
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm (Flexibility if needed) 37.5 hours
Salary: £33,706 - £40,588 per annum (Dependant on relevant experience)
A job opening has arisen as a Contract Manager working within the NHS in Staffordshire. The ideal candidate would have previous experience in both procurement and working within the public sector. Previous work within the NHS is desirable but not essential.
Below are a few key responsibilities of the role:
- · To manage the procurement projects, including pre and post tender discussions with both customers and suppliers.
- · To take an overview of an allocated portfolio, liaising with collaborative partners and Customers regarding contract development opportunities.
· Analysis of portfolio both contract and non-contract, identifying new contracts and contract development opportunities. Setting specific objectives and timescales and preparing detailed project plans all focused on achieving value for money.
- · To monitor and evaluate the performance of suppliers, and take remedial action when necessary
- · To support the Strategic Procurement Manager/Head of Procurement in the development, implementation and success of the Departments objectives relative to the Procurement Strategy
- · To be responsible for the analysis of trends in purchasing activity and Trust spend in relation to good and services within their portfolio.
- · To liaise with collaborative organisations over future contract activity at local, regional and National levels
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in a similar role
- an understanding of the Public Sector
To discuss this role in more detail and to secure this opportunity, please contact Thomas Brown or Michael McClure on 0121 616 0660 or alternatively email Mmcclure@venngroup.com
At Venn Group we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the volume of applications which we receive this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
*Venn Group’s “Recommendation Scheme”: If you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations