Venn Group are currently recruiting for a Contracts Manager - Highways Management on behalf of a large Local Authority organisation based in London.
The post holder will lead a group to manage contracts and delivery operational plans within the service area to fit with broader functional and Council strategy. They will represent and deputise for the service manager in high-level negotiations.
Position: Contracts Manager - Highways Management
Hours: 36 hours per week
Duration: 3-6 months
- Manage and lead in the contract process, providing clarity of direction in delivering effective outcomes and providing a body of expertise in all contracts related matters.
- Lead in all matters pertaining to contractor performance management, including responsibility for management, control and reporting of the required contract KPIs within the specified frameworks.
- Manage the global programme of highway works with responsibility for scheduling of all works activities in conjunction with commissioning clients and contractors.
- Work closely with the colleagues to develop timely forward programmes and best value design solutions for highway’s term contractors and contribute to the success of the Council’s London Highways Alliance Contract.
- Manage staff teams to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, which includes developing and improving the capability of staff within the service area, motivating, and mentoring them to better meet the current and future requirements of the unit.
- Understand the value of information to the council and to contribute to good information governance by keeping information safe, accurate and up to date and available to those who need it.