CYP Nurse Assessor
Reference number: 68570
Venn Group currently working with an NHS Trust ICB in London to recruit a CYP Nurse Assessor. The candidate would be working hybrid whilst undertaking assessments, DSTs, Reviews, and some Complex Case Management.
Job Title: CYP Nurse Assessor
Grade: Band 7
Rate: £350.00 - £370.00 / day (dependant on experience)
Start Date: ASAP until 31/03/23 Initially
Work pattern: 9am - 5pm, 2 day per week on site
Location: South London
- To complete evidence-based assessment for continuing care provision in line with the National Framework for Children’s Continuing Care and local continuing care policy, using the Decision Support Tool, and drawing on the advice of other professionals, whilst taking into consideration:
- the preferences of the child or young person and their family;
- a holistic assessment of the needs of the child or young person and their family;
- reports and risk assessments from multidisciplinary teams or evidence collated during the Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan assessment.
- To advise other professionals in identifying a child’s need for continuing care provision (pre-assessment), determine whether or not a full assessment is necessary and to make referrals appropriately.
- To make recommendations to the CYP Continuing Care Eligibility Panel as to whether or not the child or young person has continuing care needs, ensuring that the continuing care process is (and is seen to be) fair, consistent, transparent, culturally sensitive, and non-discriminatory.
- To navigate children and parents through the local continuing care assessment process, providing advice and managing parents’ expectations; liaising with families in challenging and complex situations.
Previous CHC Experience and Experience of Children’s Complex Case Management is essential for this role