Temporary Requirement – Data Protection Officer – London
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Data Protection Officer for an NHS Organisation based in London. This role is on a 6-month contract working 37.5 hours a week.
This will pay a daily rate of £301.82 via Umbrella and will require the successful candidate to work on site initially, and then transition into a hybrid working basis. The candidate MUST have NHS experience.
- To advise and inform the Trust and its employees of their obligations pursuant to the Data Protection Act (2018) and related data protection legislation and provisions.
- To monitor Trust compliance with the Data Protection Act (2018) and other UK Legislation with data protection via the Data Security and Protection Toolkit and other independent audit and internal and external assurance processes working towards ensuring the Trust achieves a satisfactory Information Governance Toolkit return.
- To provide advice to support the process of Data Protection Impact Assessment and provide a suitable platform for the recording of records of processing
- To advise the Trust on measures to uphold the rights and freedoms of data subjects including information rights information, fair processing information and to support the Trust Privacy Officer function in the investigation and reporting of Data Security and Protection Incidents
- To Act as the Trust Registrant and point of contact for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) ensuring the ICO is notified of incidents and events that have a high risk of impact on the rights and freedoms of Data Subjects.
- To ensure ICO complaints are investigated and responded to within the agreed timescales.
- To advise the ICO of any remedial actions and improvements developed as a result of process review / root cause analysis to mitigate the risk of recurrence.
For more information or to apply, please contact Zak Francis on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7557 7667.