Venn Group is working with a Local Authority in London to recruit an Interim Azure Database Administrator, to responsible for all the operational aspects of cloud-native and hybrid data platform solutions built with Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Azure Data Services.
Working within a newly created agile team, the Azure Database Administrator will help to maintain availability on all current and legacy data services, whilst collaborating with the various teams to design and build new strategic solutions based on Azure and other cloud technologies.
The Azure Database Administrator will develop and maintain CI/CD database code to support applications and IT utilities. They must demonstrate to a high standard the knowledge and ability to administer Microsoft SQL Server database Servers and AlwaysOn instances in an enterprise IT environment and to develop PBI reports.
Common responsibilities will include database design, data integrity, data security, business continuity, database availability, enterprise database management, process improvement, database performance, incident/problem management, covering both the production and non-production environments, schema design, stored procedures, functions, views, and PBI.
This role will require ad-hoc attendance to the offices in London.
Interviews will take place on November 23rd remotely.
Candidates must be available to start at the end of November / beginning of December.
Skills / Required experience:
- Substantial proven experience installing, configuring, and supporting Microsoft SQL Server, plus PBI
- Proven ability to write clear documentation and articles for end-user and technical-user use
- Experience in continuous improvement and continuous delivery on database projects
- Ability to work independently and as part of an Agile team providing timely, high-quality user-focused service
- Experience with DevOps release management tools like Jira/Git/TeamCity/Octopus
- Proven SQL server administration, support, and database development experience
- In depth SQL Server security; Proxy accounts, roles, logins, users, and execution context
- Experience of working within an enterprise Azure SQL environment
- Experience in providing high-level technical support both operationally and to end users
- Use of Active Directory on-prem and Azure AD
- Experience in automating tasks
- Experience in planning and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery environments
If you would like more information about the role, please contact Lisa Subhash, David Harney or Ethan Weatherby
Venn Group’s Recommendation Scheme: if you recommend a candidate who is subsequently placed by Venn Group (for a minimum of 2 weeks) you will be eligible for £25 worth of vouchers from a choice of high street organisations.