An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join the finance team for a healthcare provider in Hertfordshire as a Deputy Head of Financial Control. The role reports directly to the Head of Financial Control and will help continue the organisation's strong history of strong financial performance and control. The individual will gain a variety of experience and can influence change and strengthen control within the organisation. The position will be starting as soon as possible on an initial temporary basis, with fulltime hours and a hybrid working pattern.
Deputy Head of Financial Control
Contract: 3 months +
Rate: £34.44 per hour (UMBRELLA)
Your duties will include:
- Ensure that all control account reconciliations are prepared in a timely manner, including those provided by the outsourced provider and undertake monthly reviews ensuring that entries on the control accounts are being cleared, providing support as required.
- To work closely and support the Head of Financial Control in the performance monitoring of the outsourced service providers in relation to financial services, procurement and payroll. Attend service review meetings to discuss service issues and resolution of these. Ensure appropriate internal controls over financial reporting activities are designed and implemented and that they are operating effectively.
- Work alongside the Head of Financial Control in the preparation of the monthly NHSE return and reports for the People, Performance and Finance Committee, Audit Committee and Trust Board as required.
- Assist in the lead and co-ordination of the production if the Trust’s Annual Report and Accounts, in accordance with statutory guidance and reporting deadlines to ensure that the organisation fully meets its financial reporting obligations.
- Lead in the production of the Trust annual and monthly cash flow forecasting for review by the Head of Financial Control
- Maintain and monitor departmental timetables to ensure that both internal and external reporting targets are met.
- Support the Financial and Systems Accountant in the completion of the quarterly agreement of balances exercises.
The successful candidate should possess:
- CCAB qualified accountant, with 3 years post qualification experience or significant experience in a similar role.
- Significant additional experience operating at a senior level within a Finance department.
- Detailed knowledge of NHS policies, financial systems and accounting standards to meet and improve services.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please apply now.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.