An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Head of Payroll to join a leading University based in the South East. The post holder will be accountable for management of day to day administration for the University’s Payroll Team.
Job responsibilities include:
- Provide advice and guidance on monthly payroll and pension matters and ensure all queries are dealt with in a timely and professional manner
- Lead the development and enhancement of payroll and pension systems and reporting, in liaison with the HR and IS Departments
- Managing the performance of the Payroll Team and identifying the development needs of these Team members through the SDR process and strategic objectives
- Auditing changes to staff records and payroll administrators’ calculations for SSP/SMP to ensure legislative compliance
- Assist with the interface between the payroll and accounting system, ensuring control account reconciliation and variances between financial records and underlying payroll data are rectified
The successful candidate profile:
- Strong technical knowledge of statutory requirements of PAYE and pensions
- Understands ‘ResourceLink’ in reference with payroll processing
- Expert and detailed knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Detailed understanding of the functionality of payroll systems
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent, ideally in a business-related discipline, and/or a holder of a relevant professional qualification and/or clearly evidenced equivalent experience.
Agency Reference Number: 7134260
Contract type: Permanent
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.