Job Title: Designated Clinical Officer for SEND
PAYE Rate: £30.46 + 3.68 = £34.14 / hour
Umbrella : £38.57 / hour
Duration: 3-6 months initially (full time and part time considered)
Location: South East
This job description reflects responsibilities of a Designated Clinical Officer as outlined in the Special Education Needs and Disability Code of Practice (2015), published in support of the Children and Families Act 2014. The client has identified the requirement for a directly employed Designated Clinical Officer (DCO) for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
The DCO will be employed by to work across the entire ICB; joining the children’s strategic commissioning and safeguarding teams who also work across on an ICB wide level.
- The DCO will support the ICB in discharging their duties for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
- The post holder will work in partnership with Designated Medical Officers for SEND whose role is to cover core functions that can only be discharged by a Doctor.
- Both the DCO and Designated Medical Officer for SEND work in close partnership with the Local Authority, Family Voice, Medical Advisors for SEND and commissioning colleagues.
- The role of the post holder is outlined in associated guidance, Special Educational Needs (SEN) Code of Practice: for 0 to 25 years Statutory guidance for organisations who work with and support children and young people.
- They will be responsible for strategic planning to ensure ICB effectively discharges their responsibilities for children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND).
- The post holder will, in collaboration with children’s clinical and managerial commissioners in the ICB collaborative, devise, manage, contribute to and update policies and procedures in relation to SEND for the ICB.
- The post holder will ensure that policies and procedures reflect the current statutory guidance, identifying priorities for development and facilitating improvement in implementation and disseminate the policies and procedures throughout the CCG and local health economy
The Successful Candidate must be a registered Nurse with a Valid NMC Pin
If you are interested in the above position, please immediately send your updated CV to email@example.com and / or call 020 7557 7667 and ask for Henry Simpson