Digital Strategy Lead
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Digital Strategy Lead to join a Local Government Authority.
As the Digital Strategy Lead you will contribute to the successful delivery of the Digital and IT Strategy within the Council, focusing mainly on emerging applications and software that can be utilised for this Council.
Digital Strategy Lead
- Duration: 6 Months with extension possible
- Working Arrangement: Mostly Remote with onsite for Workshops as Required
- You will be required to collect IT Equipment
- Lead on the implementation and maintenance of strategic technology digital solutions and related processes to enable the delivery and continuous improvement of customer services
- Manage the successful implementation of the council’s systems roadmap which considers the applications lifecycle management
- Ensure applications are fit for purpose and conform to agreed architectural standards including ERP, CRM, CMS, GIS, LOB
- Ensure appropriate professional and technical working practices are deployed and sustained within the Applications and Digital Team
- Provide advice, system knowledge and technical expertise to all business areas, project teams and external suppliers and service providers
- Provide advice and guidance to senior business stakeholders and senior ICT management with regard to technical specifications and business solutions, deciding on what is purchased, from where, at what price and when
- Ensure appropriate processes and controls are in place to design, plan, manage and facilitate the integration, testing and maintenance of ICT systems & applications
- Procure 3rd party software, services and ancillary equipment in accordance with Council procurement procedures
- Lead and co-ordinate the Applications and Digital Team in providing support and maintenance, undertaking system fixes and configuration of applications
- Experience working within a Local Government or Public Sector organisation
- Experience of implementing, adapting, developing and supporting current Microsoft technologies
- Ability to architect software and design and build solutions based on, but not limited to Microsoft technologies
- Inspire and encourage the team to deliver excellence, demonstrating effective and extensive experience of managing, leading and motivating
- Significant technical knowledge and demonstrable experience of leading technical teams within the areas of Software Development (including cloud), applications development and integration, digital and data insights across a number of environments.
- If you are interested in the position, please reply with an up to date CV, and I will be happy to discuss.
If you meet the above criteria and are looking for your next opportunity, please apply and one of the team can be in touch.