We are currently working with a Midlands Council who require the interim assistance of a Digital Transformation and Engagement Officer.
The appointed candidate would be supporting the Council’s Democratic Services to play a key role in transforming their digital democratic processes and strengthening the ways in which they engage residents in the local democracy.
The Council currently operates with Xpress elections management, Modern.gov committee management and Civico webcasting systems alongside our Member portal which operates using Granicus technology.
Rate: Negotiable rate via umbrella Inside IR35
Duration: 12 months initially
Remote working with onsite visits for meetings
- Support the delivery of the objectives and priorities of the service area, the Council and the Chief Executive.
- Lead on the digital transformation and engagement objectives of the service
- Lead on the learning and development of colleagues in relation to bespoke software systems that are employed across the service and wider council
- Lead on the development of digital platform functionality ensuring that systems (primarily modern.gov, Xpress) are accessible to a range of audiences
- Lead of the development of electronic systems to support operational efficiency within the service
- Have an understanding of relevant legislation and underlying concepts and principles of the specialist area
- Assist in influencing, motivating and supervising the day to day team activities where required
- Assist with policy development and the communication of policies relating to the services
- Assist in the production and presentation of accurate detailed and complex reports both verbally and in writing
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Experience of developing electronic management systems and website content
- Experience of designing and delivering elearning and development packages
- Practical training in the use of civica digital systems including modern.gov and Xpress
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, we would love to hear from you. Please apply to receive more information.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.