Director - Thriving Children and Families
Rate: £850 / day
Duration: 6 months +
Hybrid: Remote working – with a requirement to attend meetings on occasion
IR35: Inside IR35
We are currently working with a local authority who require the assistance of a Director - Thriving Children and Families on an interim basis.
This role brings together all of the teams in Children and Families directorate with the intention of developing integrated working between teams and creating the conditions where all children and young people in the city can thrive. It requires a dynamic and strategic leader who will take lead responsibility for the provision of a range of services for children and families.
- Provide strategic leadership on Inclusion, Youth Violence, Anti-Bullying - strategic lead role, Early Help directorate & NEET DfE relationship
- Support the senior leadership translate the strategic vision into operational plans, monitor their progress, and deliver agreed outcomes
- Support the DCS as the strategic lead to the Council's senior officers and Members on relevant educational and school issues
- Support the DCS with safeguarding responsibility both within the Directorate
- Support the DCS in fostering a cross Council culture by ensuring that the voice of children is central to organisational strategies and delivery plans
- Optimise service performance and delivery, ensuring efficient and effective use of available resources
- Promote a robust performance management system for the service to ensure all activities have clear business plans
- Experience of managing services within large, complex organisations
- Experience of proven strategic leadership demonstrating successful achievement as a senior leader
- Experience of leading significant programmes of corporate and transformational change
- Experience having had major impact on staff and processes and achieved significant budget savings
- Experience of delivering best value and service delivery outcomes within a community focused provision
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please apply below. At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications. However due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 48 hours please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.