Job Title: Divisional Manager – Major Projects
Job reference: JES/23062022
Job description: A Local Authority in Merseyside is looking for a Divisional Manager – Major Projects to provide professional expertise for the organisation. The role is for 12 months on a 37 hour per week basis.
- Acting as the strategic lead, ensuring the efficient delivery of the Highways and Transportation £500m Capital Programme
- Providing service excellence, cost effectiveness, and managing and developing the Major Highways Infrastructure division as a whole
- Providing leadership to the Major Projects Division ensuring that the Council meets its aims core values and business objectives as set out in the Inclusive Growth Plan
- Developing and delivering the Council’s £500m Highways Capital Programme ensuring the strategic aims of the Council
- Acting as the strategic lead on all communications issues in relation to the Highways Capital Programme
- Developing and maintaining a clear understanding of the needs, concerns and expectations of local business and residential communities and ensure they are considered as part of the highway management and maintenance process
- Effectively managing the Major Highways Infrastructure Division including setting objectives and managing performance
- Ensuring the effective management, strategic direction, development and promotion of the Major Highways Infrastructure Division in accordance with all relevant professional standards and legislative requirements
- Managing, controlling and reporting on overall performance of the Major Highways Infrastructure Division to senior officers and Elected Members
The successful candidate should have:
- Significant experience at a senior level in a complex and demanding Highways Project Delivery environment.
Hourly Rate: £747.60 per day
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.