Economic Development Manager
We are currently working with a Public Sector organisation who are recruiting for Economic Development Managerto support the strategic development and lead the Development team, providing the key interface between the business sector and Local Authority.
- Oversee delivery of an Enterprise Zone with specific responsibility for attracting inward investment supporting the growth of indigenous businesses
- act as the corporate contact for Government and West Midlands Growth Company for matters relating economic regeneration activities
- Develop and implement an Economic Regeneration Strategy
- Work collaboratively with Planning, Regeneration and other sections of the directorate and borough to develop shared strategic goals
- Forge effective working relationships with existing businesses and partners promoting economic growth and regeneration
- Candidate would need to have experience of running grant/funding programmes given likely continued involvement with COVID 19 business grants
- Extensive knowledge & experience of working in a Local Authority with directors/senior officer’s portfolio holders and key stakeholders in an economic regeneration environment
- The ability to lead and coordinate in partnership working with other local government and private sector partners to maximise investment into economic regeneration activities
- Experience of successfully securing and managing public sector funding to deliver economic regeneration priorities
- Full JD available upon request
Duration: 3 months with likely extensions
Rate: Negotiable depending on experience
Fully Remote Working
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.