Locum Education and SEN Lawyer – Southeast England – Mostly Remote Working - £55 per hour
Job Title: Locum Education and SEN Lawyer
Location: Mostly Remote Working within a Local Government in Southeast England with Office Presence Required Once a Month for Committee Meetings
Salary: Up to £55 per hour (DOE)
Venn Group’s specialist legal team are currently working with a reputable Local Authority in the Southeast England who are recruiting for a Locum Education and SEN Lawyer to join their growing team.
The role is offered for an initial period of 3 months with there being a strong possibility of an extension and will be worked on a hybrid working basis.
The ideal candidate will be a Legal Executive, Solicitor or Barrister with prior experience working within Local Government on Education and SEN matters.
Duties shall include:
- Legal Advisory and Governance: Provide expert legal counsel to Members, Officers and Partners, ensuring alignment to legal frameworks and advancing the Local Authorities interests.
- Strategic Education and SEN Support: Support the realisation of the Local Authorities strategies and policies, with regards to Education and SEN, through essential advice to stakeholders.
- Efficient Legal Service Delivery: Ensure timely, efficient provisions to the Local Authority and partners, utilising technology for maximum efficiency and driving continuous improvement.
- Supervision, Coaching, and Caseload Management: Provide supervision and coaching to Legal Services team members based on expertise within Education and SEN.
- Compliance, Reporting and Flexibility: Ensure compliance with time recording policies and departmental procedures whilst demonstrating flexibility by working in all aspects of Education and SEN specialisms, in line with the Local Authorities requirements.
The role of Locum Education and SEN Lawyer comes with an hourly rate of up to £55 per hour dependant upon experience.
Please apply for this role online or contact Aidan Sallis or Tumi Akanbi via phone or email for further information.
020 7557 7667
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. All salaries and PQE ranges stated serve only as a guide and all applicants will be considered on their individual merits.
Locum Education and SEN Lawyer – Southeast England – Mostly Remote Working – Up to £55 per hour