Job Title: Electrical Low Voltage Supervisor
Job reference: J61698
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Low Voltage Supervisor within a leading University in Greater Manchester. These are key role within the University and will be on a temporary to permanent contract or permanent contract
The post holder will plan, programme, allocate and supervise Fire alarm, Emergency Lighting, Security Systems and other extra low voltage maintenance and improvement work as required utilising in house labour and contract labour as appropriate
Duties will include:
- The scope of work includes repair, maintenance and improvements engineering services,
- To assist the Facilities Maintenance and Compliance unit to effectively direct and manage all resources allocated to the Extra Low Voltage Systems (ELVS) team
- Supervise an allocated team of technical and manual in house staff and contract labour responsible for a range of maintenance and improvements of Extra low voltage systems
- Responsible day-on-day for allocating and supervising maintenance and improvement work, ensuring efficient and safe operation to the highest achievable standard.
- To assist in ensuring that all work is effectively controlled using the systems developed for ensuring the group is productive, cost effective and transparent in all its operations, assist the AMSM in the day to day monitoring of expenditure of the allocated budget.
- Responsible for monitoring the progress of all aspects of individual jobs/projects from inception to completion (including the updating of the management systems and the production of management reports).
- Provide specific advice within the area of technical expertise on a routine basis
- Contribute to the design and estimation of “small works”, including preparation of specifications
- Contribute to the process of ensuring that ELV Systems in minor, major and capital works are developed to meet the agreed standards
Essential skills / qualifications:
- Appropriate qualifications to NVQ 3 level in an electrical related discipline and substantial vocational experience
- An established track record and experience in an electrical discipline
- Experience of supervising groups of multi-disciplinary, technical, staff and contractors
- Experience of producing reports and correspondence, and giving clear oral reports
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please contact Siobhan Allinson at Venn Group or apply below.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.