Job Title: ELV Supervisor
Job reference: DJF20230921
We are currently recruiting for a ELV Supervisor within a leading University in Greater Manchester. These are key role within the University and will be on a temporary to permanent contract.
The post holder will plan, programme, allocate and supervise Fire alarm, Emergency Lighting, Security Systems and other extra low voltage maintenance and improvement work as required utilising in house labour and contract labour as appropriate. To assist the Facilities Maintenance and Compliance Unit to implement standards, and make efficient use of all resources working within a general framework of “best value”
Duties will include:
- To assist the Facilities Maintenance and Compliance unit to effectively direct and manage all resources allocated to the Extra Low Voltage Systems (ELVS) team
- Supervise an allocated team of technical and manual in house staff and contract labour responsible for a range of maintenance and improvements of Extra low voltage systems
- Responsible day-on-day for allocating and supervising maintenance and improvement work, ensuring efficient and safe operation to the highest achievable standard.
- To assist in ensuring that all work is effectively controlled using the systems developed for ensuring the group is productive, cost effective and transparent in all its operations, assist the AMSM in the day to day monitoring of expenditure of the allocated budget.
- Responsible for monitoring the progress of all aspects of individual jobs/projects from inception to completion (including the updating of the management systems and the production of management reports).
- Provide specific advice within the area of technical expertise on a routine basis
- Contribute to the design and estimation of “small works”, including preparation of specifications
- Contribute to the process of ensuring that ELV Systems in minor, major and capital works are developed to meet the agreed standards
- Contribute to the development and implementation of performance-monitoring systems so as to provide evidence that the team is providing value for money.
- Contribute to the development of a customer focused service, promoting the Directorate of Estates by establishing and maintaining working relationships throughout the University.
- Assist in the development and implementation of efficient, cost-effective working practices and quality service standards to ensure the provision of an effective maintenance service to the highest achievable standard, demonstrating value for money.
- Communicate on a routine basis with both internal and external stakeholders including regulatory bodies
- In accordance with university regulations provide a range of HR management functions for your team – these will include absence management, grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- Ensure all activities undertaken by the in house ELVS team and contract labour, are carried out in accordance with the requirements of the University, RSD and Directorate of Estates Health & Safety policies and procedures, and particularly the Health & Safety at Work Regulations and all subordinate legislation
Essential skills / qualifications:
- Appropriate qualifications to NVQ3 level in an electrical related discipline and substantial vocational experience
Must be proficent invMechancial engineering regulations and best practive OR Electrical engineering regulations and best practice
Must have working knowledge of; Health & Safety legislation, Contractual practices and procedure, Man management and related Human Resources issue and Job, project and procurement
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please contact Dan Fowler at Venn Group or apply below.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.