A great opportunity has position has arisen for an Employee Relations Manager to work for a leading London University.
If successful, you would be responsible for delivering high quality, professional and effective HR advice, guidance and support to managers related to all aspects of people management including the use, interpretation and implementation of a suite of HR policies.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Take the lead in supporting line managers through the provision of effective advice and guidance in all areas of people management (e.g., probation, performance management, grievance, discipline, sickness absence, etc.)
- Ensure a proactive management and timely resolution of ER cases, within the designated area of responsibility, while adhering to the ER Team’s agreed KPIs.
- Build strong, credible relationships and conduct regular meetings with stakeholders to evaluate progress, identify and agree the challenging issues where further support is required
- Develop a close working relationship with the Strategic HR Partner responsible for the Professional Service areas keeping them informed and up to date with all ER cases
- Ensure ER casework management tracker is routinely up to date for the area of delegated responsibility; Provide periodical casework reports from the casework tracker
- Attend management team meetings to highlight ER activities, interventions required and to provide ongoing support
- Respond to ACAS correspondence and Employment Tribunal claims in collaboration with the Head of Employee Relations and Policy and ensuring that the HR Strategic Partners are informed
- Provide advice and support on the job evaluation process and sit on the job evaluation panels
- CIPD Member or equivalent through experience
- Experience of working in Higher Education or a similar public sector environment
- Demonstrable successful experience of advising managers on the resolution of ER cases
- Experience of staff management and development
- Up to date knowledge of UK employment law and the Employment Tribunal procedures
- Experience of and ability to help develop policy and procedures to enable pragmatic application of these in the workplace
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Agency Reference Number: 68654
Salary: £50,047 per annum
Hybrid Pattern: 2 days onsite/ 3 days working from home
This vacancy will be actively shortlisted so early applications are encouraged.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.