Initial 3 months
Venn Group’s specialist public sector legal team are currently working with a brilliant London based shared legal service who are recruiting for a highly experienced employment lawyer.
This position is ideally for an experienced employment lawyer who has successfully handled contentious and non-contentious matters with a strong understanding of local government legal frameworks.
Essentially the council’s ideal candidate must have:
- Good working knowledge of TUPE in the context of local authority procurement
- Good working knowledge of in and outsourcing of service provision and the Public Sector Equality duty.
- Qualified barrister or solicitor
- 3+ years of experience in employment lawyer
- Strong experience in local government employment matters
The successful candidate will be involved in the following caseloads:
- Handling contentious and non-contentious matters
- Defending employment cases on behalf of the Council and where appropriate conducting settlement negotiations and drafting settlement agreements
- Provide proactive and reactive advice for client departments on individual and corporate matters
- Advising on policies and procedures and providing transactional support
- Drafting employment and pensions provisions in contracts and preparing legal con-currents for reports
- Preparing training materials for clients and delivering training
This position is a full-time position (36 hours) per week for an initial 3 months with work being carried out largely from home, however office attendance is required to undertake adhoc work and to collect the laptop.
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing as this role is to start as soon as possible.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or should you wish to discuss your suitability for this position please contact Prinal Shah on 020 7557 7667 for a confidential discussion.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days, then please be aware your CV has not been shortlisted for this vacancy.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.