Environment Health Officer (Citizen and Consumer Protection)
We are currently working with a local authority looking for a suitably qualified and competent Environmental Health Practitioner registered with the Environmental Health Registration Board to work as an Environmental Health Officer within the Citizen & Consumer Protection department
- Dealing with routine enquires on the COVID-19 line
- Giving advice to businesses, schools, members of the public on the current Government guidance and reviewing business risk assessments.
- Investigate complaints, both criminal and civil, made to the service and to do so to a standard whereby formal action can be taken if required
- Write clear and concise reports and correspondence in relation with any inspection, investigation or enforcement action undertaken.
- Carry out detailed on-site inspections and develop subsequent reports to comply with Divisional Policies and Procedures and legislation for the approval of proposed action
- Effectively manage situations which may involve angry, difficult and upset customers and stakeholders
- Tackle activities which constitute a statutory nuisance and advice both businesses and residents on the potential for activities in which they are involved to be deemed as constituting a statutory nuisance
- A detailed understanding of relevant health & safety and COVID 19 legislation and current Government COVID-19 guidance is essential.
- Detailed understanding of the relevant Enforcement Powers is essential.
Please note: Weekend working will be required. This post requires the post holder to undertake occasional out of hours duties and the ability to travel around the Borough. A driving licence is required due to the nature of the role, therefore a driving licence check, including proof of business insurance and MOT, will be required.
Start Date: ASAP
Rate: Negotiable depending on experience
Duration: 12 weeks
Hours: Fulltime with the requirement to work weekends
Location: Remote working from home with the ability to attend council offices when required
Full JD available upon request
For more information on the roles we are currently working on within Local Government, please in the first instance email your CV to the team or call us om 01216160660.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.