Job Title: Environmental Health Officer
Job Reference: TCN/622103
Job Description: A Local Authority in Lancashire is looking for an Environmental Health Officer to provide professional expertise on all Environmental Health matters and the effective enforcement and administration of all duties of the Division, including the supervision of technical and other support staff.
- To allocate work and to direct Enforcement Officers and Students in the performance of their duties.
- Carry out routine inspections of premises and vehicles, in accordance with statutory requirements and Codes of Practice
- Investigate in response to complaints/service requests formulating appropriate action for non-compliance with relevant legislation
- Carry out licensing, registration, planning application and land search functions acting as a consultee undertaking inspections as appropriate
- Attend Court, Tribunals and Public Inquiries as a witness
The successful candidate will need knowledge and experience in dealing associated Environmental Protection work.
Hourly rate: £18ph
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Sophie Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Thomas Nicholas (email@example.com). You can also reach the North Local Government Team on 0161 830 1830.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.