Environmental Health Officer
We are currently working with a number of Local Authorities across the Midlands who require the assistance of experienced Environmental Health Officers. We are looking for people with either noise and nuisance, food or private sector housing experience and a background in the public sector.
- Under general direction, efficiently and effectively carry out the duties and tasks assigned
- Utilise a broad range of regulatory techniques in order to successfully achieve regulatory outcomes and improve compliance levels in the most effective and efficient way.
- Utilise problem solving, negotiation and mediation to resolve complex issues and complaints reported by residents, businesses, partner agencies and services in order to support the protection of the environment, the health and wellbeing of the community
- Support the development and delivery of a programme of regulatory and enforcement projects and activities to identify and reduce risks to residents and businesses in order to achieve Regulatory Services outcomes
- Undertake comprehensive research and analysis across a broad range of regulatory functions in order to provide high quality, accurate and timely advice on the implementation of complex legislation and standards
- Plan and undertake complex investigations in accordance with the Enforcement Policy and collect and prepare evidence and investigation reports to ensure that prosecution cases meet the very highest legal and professional standards and achieve successful outcomes
- You must hold qualifications for CIEH (Chartered Institute of Environmental Health) or EHORB/EHRB (Environmental Health Registration Board)
Duration: 6-12 months
Rate: High rates on offer depending on experience
Full JD available upon request
For more information on the roles we are currently working on within Local Government, please in the first instance email your CV to the team.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren’t currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.