Job Title: Estates Officer - Electrical
We are currently for an Estates Officer within a leading NHS Trust based in West Yorkshire. This is a key role on a 6 month temporary to permanent contract.
The Estates Officer will be responsible to the Estates Operational Manager for the full range of operational maintenance services across the Trusts’ Retained Estate and elements of the PFI facilities .The post holder will utilize the department’s Workforce Planning Protocols, Estates Guidance Notice and comprehensive audits to ensure that the estates operational service complies as far as reasonably practicable, with all relevant regulatory and advisory frameworks, HTMs, technical guidance and good industry practice.
The successful candidate must have experience working for Public Sector organisation
Your duties will include:
- Manage all Estates Supervisors, Directly Employed Labour (DEL) and Maintenance Contracts/Contractors to provide an effective Estates Service and ensure a safe and pleasant environment for patient care where practicable to do so
- Responsible for managing all resources delegated to him/her to ensure a safe, value for money and quality service is provided in support of the delegated budget holder
- Manage minor works projects from inception to completion
- Develop and maintain the department’s operational procedures/policies/risk assessment and safe systems of work at all times to ensure the Trust is exposed to minimum risk in relation to its estate
- Accountable for the provision of the full range of operational estates maintenance services and will ensure they are delivered in a safe and effective manner.
- Advise and assist the Estates Management Team on initiatives to consolidate and improve the quality of the department’s service delivery. Proactively works to maintain the department’s ISO9001accreditation by ensuring that all operational services are delivered in-line with the relevant sections of the ISO9001Quality Manual
- Develop, implement and maintain systems of monthly audit for operational service records
- Ensure all follow up action has been completed and that all services and asset performance related information is correctly provided, determined and filed. All omissions to be reported to the Estates Operational Manager for timely corrective action to be taken
- Provide an effective workforce planning service that ensures engineering and building works are planned and delivered within agreed service delivery profiles and time frames as detailed in the workforce planning portfolio to meet the needs of Wards and Departments
- Ensure that all emergency and Health & Safety work reported via the Estates Help Desk is actioned and completed within agreed timeframes as detailed within the department’s workforce planning portfolio
- Undertake the role of Responsible or Nominated Person as set down in appropriate regulatory and advisory compliance frameworks. These areas will be identified and agreed in writing after which appropriate training will be provided and updated.
- Responsible for undertaking the role of Authorised Person duties in specific specialist areas where appropriate training has been provided, e.g. Medical Gases, LV Electrical, Water Management and Legionella Control
The successful candidate should have:
- HNC/ONC or equivalent Electrical Engineering discipline with post qualification experience
- Authorised Person (medical gases, LV – low voltage or pressure systems)
- Experience in managing complex engineering and operational services within a large estates function
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience in a public sector of NHS organisation
If you meet the above-mentioned criteria, please contact Siobhan Allinson at Venn Group or apply below.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.