We are pleased to be working with one of our valued public sector clients to source a Finance Assistant on a temporary basis, for 2 months paying £11.75 per hour (PAYE). This is a hybrid working role and therefore the successful candidate must be willing and able to travel to Huntingdon on an ad-hoc basis. Experience of Agresso finance system would also be preferred.
The duties would be:
- Assist with keeping accurate, confidential, and effective financial records for the service, recording all financial transactions in the appropriate spreadsheets.
- Working with officers, using service procedures and contract records to verify that invoices and claims are correct before passing for payment
- Processing payments through the Authority’s financial system, raising orders, goods receipting, raising invoices, use smart forms.
- Work closely with the Passenger Transport Finance Officer and the Corporate Finance team to ensure payment terms and corporate standards are met.
- Process other payments and transactions (e.g. cheque banking and cheque reimbursements) and ensure safe keeping of monies
- Dealing with customer and supplier queries, liaising with payments department, working closely with the operational officers to ensure a coordinated response to customers
If you’d like to discuss further, please apply now.