Venn Group are delighted to be supporting a reputable non-profit organisation based in Bradford who due to growth and internal changes are looking to appoint a Finance Manager on a long term basis.
The organisation are also open to doing this on a temp to perm basis.
You will be contracted to 35 hours per week and will be expected to maintain a minimum presence of 1-2 days on site per week.
As a senior member of the Finance team you will be primarily responsible for the recording of transactions through the books of account, all banking operations, and the integrity of our financial records and will be expected to take an active role in decision making in respect of financial accounting, controls, policy, cash flow management and operations.
You will also oversee ancilliary financial matters such as insurance renewals and claims, VAT accounting and returns.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Ensuring that all aspects of financial management and control are effectively administered.
- Ensuring the integrity of the nominal ledger and accounts of the organisation, with regular reconciliations performed.
- Assisting in preparing annual budgets for all of the Association's operations and ensuring effective budgetary control.
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly management accounts to Trial Balance stage for presentation to the Management Committee.
- Developing and maintaining the financial and other IT systems.
- Monitoring and managing the cash flow requirements of the organisation
- Managing the day to day banking operations of the organisation, and the relationships with our retail bankers
- Managing the VAT affairs and returns of the organisation
Ideally you will have:
At least 2 years post qualifying financial management experience or be able to effectively demonstrate you are qualified by experience
- Experience of working at a senior level and managing staff
- Experience of working with computerised financial system
If this role is of interest then please apply or forward your CV to email@example.com and we will be in touch with you to discuss further.