A well-known FMCG Client is recruiting a Finance Manager. The post holder will join a vibrant Financial team providing financial information to both Senior Management and clients to enable the development and continued growth of the organisation.
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Lead the continued development and implementation of financial planning and analysis processes, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Create and maintain financial models to support decision making and business planning.
- Analyse financial performance and provide insights to the leadership team on key financial and operational metrics.
- Period Close:
- Oversee the period close – Work with the management accounts team to ensure alignment and a timely close.
- Ensure costs and revenue streams are correctly accounted for.
- Responsible for the daily, weekly, and monthly revenue and cost reporting - ensuring it is accurate, timely and the variances are understood
- Variance analysis of actuals vs prior year, budget and forecast. Investigating and explain why variances have occurred and how these can be mitigated going forward.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process, ensuring alignment with business objectives and strategies.
- Monitor budget performance and provide recommendations to improve financial outcomes.
- Develop and maintain a robust forecasting model that provides insight into business performance and opportunities.
- Work closely with the commercial and operations teams to identify areas of improvement and drive growth.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement financial plans to achieve business objectives.
- Support decision making through financial analysis, modelling and scenario planning with regards to product costing and customer pricing.
- Implement and maintain a performance management framework, ensuring key metrics are tracked and reported.
- Provide regular financial analysis and insights to the leadership team on business performance.
- Develop and maintain a reporting dashboard that tracks key business metrics and performance against targets.
- Understand drivers and drainers of cash flow. Drive change in the business to improve cash flow position.
- Qualified ACCA, ACA, CIMA or CIPFA (or equivalent)
- Experience working in the Higher Education sector (or awareness of the challenges the sector faces)
- Ability to present and explain financial information to non-finance staff
Annual salary: £65,000 - £75,000
Contract type: Permanent
Working hours: Full-time
Location: London (Hybrid working – 3 days on site, 2 days working from home)
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.